Saturday, December 11, 2010

DIY Project (Coming Soon)

I went to my local Benjamin Moore paint store today (my favorite paint store- very knowledgeable and very helpful) to buy primer for the dresser we are painting and putting in the nursery. I had planned to buy similar primer and paint as I did for this cabinet (same wood). However, after speaking with the employee he recommended using an oil based primer & paint instead of acrylic. Since I plan to put some books on top of the dresser and maybe a lamp or another heavy item, the acrylic won't hold up as well as the oil will. Since I am pregnant he recommended not being around the oil paint and having my husband paint instead. My husband thought he was off the hook with this project (I really don't mind doing these things myself) and surprisingly, he doesn't mind taking on the project himself. So, today I walked out of the store with the paint supplies and will be back for the paint over our Christmas break. It will be kind of nice not having to paint this dresser myself, as I just completed this diy project, plus I have other projects to complete for the nursery before the baby comes!

Here is our already sanded dresser (I did this a few weeks back):
 The doors open up to 3 more drawers:
All of the drawers are currently lined with contact paper. I plan to remove them (if possible!) and line with patterned scrapbook paper:

Paint supplies:

Oil- based primer & paint we plan to use:

Stay tuned in January to view our new white dresser for the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment